Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ideas, Ideas..

I have researching a LOT lately. Nonstop almost. I still take care of my daughter and get good grades on my master´s classes, but I am truly obsessed with IVF.
I joined a few websites that work as classifieds for donors and intended parents. I´ve made a g.mail address (donor727@gmail.com) if anyone is interested. 2 people contacted me, but it seems all false, or not really interested.
Last night, while I was trying to fall asleep, I had an IDEA. What if I donated eggs first in January or so. One clinic here gives $4K for that. With that money and maxing out our FSA, I could pay for a cycle, and actually not have to share my eggs. That way, I get $$, I get a chance at freezing some embies and affording it all! even the possible FETs.

I have to "pass" the donor paperwork first. I have an appointment with a genetic counselor next week, and after that I shouldn´t have any problems.

What do you guys think?? I know myself now, and all the midnight ideas end up being crazy thoughts that take me nowhere.

Any other ideas are welcome!!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes midnight ideas are the best ideas! I like your new plan and hope all goes well with the genetic counselor next week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really understand how it all works - but I hope it works out for you! It's sad that this is all so expensive and not covered by insurance.

    ReplyDelete