Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Moving forward!!

In a few months...
We went to the Reproduc.tive Me.dicine Gr.oup here in Tampa and we discussed our options yesterday. Even DH came along!! how awesome!. Well, before we miracuously got pregnant with gordi, we met with them and they offered the option of dinating eggs. To me, back then, 4 years ago, that was the worst thing anyone could ask me. It wasn´t worth $6,000....Well, now, if I want another try at IVF, I need to convince my husband that we are getting an amazing deal..one that we can actually afford. The Dr. said that I am a perfect candidate because we don´t have any herediatry illnesses and I had a beautiful baby. I am capable, young and healthy. So, instead of $12K we are going to pay $6K.
Cons: Minimal chance at getting any frozen embrios.

Pros: I help somebody have a baby.
Reduced fee for us

The $12 K includes meds. I know, pretty good deal. DH mentioned that we might use a canadian pharmacy to get them because it´s cheaper...Also, the Dr said that since I tend to overstimulate, we probably use less drugs anyways. We are going to use our flex spending acct. It makes sense. But we have to wait until next year´s insurance...March, I guess.

So, what does this mean? I have ONE more chance at this. I need it. I am nowhere near done. I am 28 years old. I have 4 bedrooms to fill in my house. I can´t wait to have more kids.
Dh and I talked last night and he said that after this try we are done. He doesn´t want to "waste" any more money on this. He doesn´t want IF around anymore. He wants to be free of it.
For me, I need more chances. This try can be this year, maybe we can try again after I work for a year and we have more money. For now, I´ll stay home with my daughter and enjoy our time together. She´s growing so fast, and so smart...I have a blast with her..She´s playing soccer (of course!) and she´s a natural...It makes me so proud. I have volunteered in her classroom and I almost cry everytime she sings or dances...so proud to be her mami.

I feel better now.
Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment