Monday, October 12, 2009

Appointment done

Well, today I scheduled an appointment with my RE. I haven't had my period yet. I'm a week late. I took 2 pregnancy tests and BFN on both. I think I'm imagining pregnancy symptoms...I make this sooo much harder on myself than it should be. I should just relax. BUT I CAN'T. I wish I could.

The RE I used last spring was great. He knows about my country and the health system. He was really excited about me doing IVF in Spain. That gives me some comfort. Here, in the US, we are used to the thought that health care is so great here, that other countries suck. Or maybe it's my perception only. I don't know. When I had my M/C and D&C done there I felt I was in a third world country. It was weird. Very efficient and well done, but the facilities and the access that patiens have to doctors is totally different.

Anyways, I haven't had a period and I'm freaking out because, what if I have a medical problem before I get to Spain and they can't start with IVF until they fix it and I'm stuck there for longer than the predicted 2 months???I love my family and my mom, and I love the fact that I'm going to have help EVERYWHERE. But I'm going to miss my husband like crazy.

Just because we can't make a baby by ourselves, doesn't mean that I can/ want to get pregnant without him. He will be there for 2 weeks...it just doesn't seem enough!

I have the appointment in 3 weeks. Nov. 4th. We'll see.

This sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment